Deliciousness is creamy chicken stuffed inside of a crispy pastry.
Chicken Cream Cheese Empanada
- 1 sheet of pie crust
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/2 chopped red chili
- 200 grams chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/3 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- Flour (for the rolling pin)
- Egg yolk wash (optional)
- Roll out the crust.
- Fry the garlic with some olive oil. Add in half the spring onions and the chili. Cook for 3 minutes. Add in the chicken breast and all the cheese, cumin and paprika.
- Section out the dough. For half circles, fill up and seal. Use egg wash of 1 yolk if you want a shiny empanada. Cook in a 200c oven for about 10 minutes.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!