Add this special spice to give your popcorn chicken extra pop.
Curry Popcorn Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup flour
- Cut lemon to garnish
- Combine chicken, lemon, garlic, ginger, spices, sugar and salt in a bowl. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of oil, and heat to 350 degrees. Dip chicken in egg, followed by flour, then gently place in oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Garnish with wedges of lemon.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!