Can’t get enough of Taco Bell’s new Naked Chicken Chips? Here’s what it takes to make them at home.
Homemade Naked Chicken Chips
- Boneless Skinless chicken breast
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 gallon of cooking oil
- 1 cup of liquid nacho cheese
- Slice the chicken into rectangles. Place the chicken onto a poultry safe cutting board and cover it with plastic wrap. Using a mallet, hit the chicken, flattening it as thin as possible without ripping it.
- Slice the chicken into triangular wedges. Place them on a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray, and cover them again with plastic wrap. Using a second baking tray, cover the chicken flattening it, then put it into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil to 400 degrees F. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl and att about 1/3 cup of taco seasoning. Add the flour to a second shallow bowl and mix in the remaining taco seasoning.
- Add the frozen chicken to the egg wash letting the excess egg drip off. Add the wedge to the flour fully coating it. Repeat this once more. Fry the wedge for about 3 minutes or until it becomes crispy.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!