Because some of you thought Seonkyoung’s original fire chicken wasn’t hot enough, she’s now gone nuclear.
Nuclear Fire Spicy Chicken Noodles
PREP Time: 20 Min
COOK Time: 15 Min
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 1 nuclear spicy chicken noodles sauce packet (from ramen package)
- 1 cup tempura powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt & pepper
- 2 to 3 cups panko
- Frying oil
For nuclear sauce:
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons gochugaru or cheongyang gochugaru (extra spicy gochugaru)
- Black pepper
- 3 Thai chilis, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 nuclear spicy chicken noodles sauce packets
- 3 serrano peppers, sliced
- 1 bundle of noodles from ramen package
- In a bowl, add chicken tenders and top with the nuclear spicy sauce packet. Stir to make sure tenders are well coated. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to overnight.
Prepare nuclear sauce:
- In a cold wok, add green onions, onion and garlic, followed by gochugaru, black pepper, Thai chili and oil. Turn to medium heat; stir and let flavors infuse to oil for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until they starts sizzle.
- Pour in chicken stock and nuclear spicy chicken noodle sauce packets. Bring it to boil, then add chilies. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes, then turn heat down to low to keep sauce warm.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Add tempura powder to chicken tenders and stir until dusted. In a separate bowl, add beaten eggs, salt and pepper. In another bowl, add panko.
- Dip tempura-coated tenders into eggs then into panko breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Bring water to a boil, and cook ramen noodles for 3 minutes. Add cooked noodles to the pan with the nuclear sauce and toss to coat. Transfer noodles to a plate and set aside.
- Pour the remaining nuclear sauce on a preheated sizzling plate (such as a fajita pan). Place sauce-coated noodles in the middle and top with chicken tenders. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!