Your new favorite comfort dish will feel like a hug from the inside out.
Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary and thyme, mixed and minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 small orange
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 small orange, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Canola oil for skillet
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the butter, minced herbs, garlic powder, lemon zest, orange zest and a little salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly pat dry the thighs with a paper towel. Carefully lift up the skins, and spread the herb butter mixture in between the skin and flesh. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium-high and drizzle some canola. Once hot, lay the thighs skin side down and let render until the skin is golden brown and crispy. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Turn thighs to the other side, and arrange the citrus slices all around the thighs. Place in the oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is cooked and the juices run clear.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!